Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Day at the Museum





Well, I tried to think of a funny title for Natural Museum but that's all I could come up with, before I had Visiting the Museum, real creative here. We are actually in Manassas, Virginia right now we didn't make it too far yesterday but I am a little back logged in pictures. Just to give you an idea of how backlogged, we went to Arlington Cemetary and Drew took 298 pictures. Anyway, two days ago we went to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum and I was so excited. I had convinced myself there was an aquarium there, I was a little wrong its actually down the street so we didn't even get to see it. But, the Natural History Museum was really exciting none the less and if I was about 10 years old it would be so cool I couldn't stand it. However, we did enjoy the dinasours and this REALLY COOL, did I tell you just how cool it was 3-D Imax movie. I can't remember if the Science Center has one or not but oh man, this was probably the best $8.50 I have ever spent! I wanted to try and take a picture through my 3-D glasses but the guards around the capital and inside the theater are kind of scary so I didn't want to risk anything. There was a really big Ocean exhibit that was pretty neat with a huge whale hanging from the ceiling, everything in that place is sized to scale or they have a little note letting you know how much smaller it really is. I have to admit it was all very amazing. We also found out that Night at the Museum 2 was just filmed at the Natural History Museum, so that should be fun when it comes out to know that I just saw a bunch of that stuff! Oh and while we were there we saw the Hope Diamond, going into it I thought it was going to be much larger than it truly is. Don't get me wrong for being a solid mass of diamond worth more than my life it is very nice sized! I also put up a picture of Drew in his 3-D glasses hehehe

No comments: